How do you #pictureLent?
Join Christians around the world as we all celebrate the season of Lent, a time of contemplation, self-examination and anticipation.
Join people of faith from all over the country as we #pictureLent this year. From daily devotions to weekly themes to church activities and resources, #pictureLent is a great way to unite your family or your faith community in moving toward Easter intentionally and passionately. Check out what #pictureLent has to offer this year:
First, we want to share our Lenten journey with all our friends and family, so we're inviting you to share a daily photo. Lent is a contemplative season, so we will provide a different word each day for you to contemplate and seek God through. Post each day on your favorite social media site with the theme and #pictureLent so we can all be inspired together!
Each day during Lent, you can receive a devotion based on the week's theme direct to your inbox. Sign up using the form to the left. These devotions are designed for people of all ages -- not just families with children! They will also be posted here so you can share them with friends and family easily through social media.
Each week, families will be invited to further explore the week's theme through activities, conversation, and service together. Some churches are even getting families together to kick off Lent by creating Lenten Journey Jars together! What is that? Check out that and all the other family activities in the downloadable PDF:
Resources Just for Churches
The church resources listed below and MORE will be available very soon! Sign up using the form to the left, and we will notify you by email when they are available for download. Click below to download the resources currently available. (Don't forget to check the box that you're a pastor, church staff or ministry professional!)
- 2016 Preaching Resource - Pastors, if you're looking for ideas for a Lenten sermon series to follow along with #pictureLent, here is a great starting point!
- Weekly Litanies and Bulletin Inserts - These Bulletin inserts are designed to be printed directly with the week's litany or prayer.
- Youth Group Activities - These activities will be a great addition to your weekly youth group gatherings to focus your teens on the Lenten season and connect them to the rest of the congregation in following along with #pictureLent.
- Family Activities for #pictureLent - Share these with your church's families, or even plan a family night to create Lenten Journey Jars together! Want ideas on how to create an event like that? Email us at email@example.com.
- High-res #pictureLent graphic - Feel free to use this on your church's website, social or print media. (You may alter it to reflect your church's name, logo, etc., but please do not cover or remove the LECFamily web address or branding. If you need a layered file, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
The #pictureLent Team:
Melissa Cooper, Program Coordinator
Sarah and Andrew Miller, Program Developers and Preaching Resource Writers
Mary Downey, Copy Editor
Melissa Cooper, Graphic Design
Celia Finfrock, Family Activities
Jme Willey, Youth Activities
Brett Opalinski, Litany Writer